About Alex C. Peper
On-Board Diagnostics Development
- 1978 wrote one of the first desktop engine dyno data acquistion and control programs
for realtime analysis of engine computer sensors.
- 1984 help develope massive EGR no feedback system allowing OBD-1 exemption
- 1993 declined OBD development contract Ford Motor Co.
- 1993 declined Motorola automotive laboratory contract.
- 1995 wrote one of the first PC Windows based OBD-2 scan tools.
- 1995 wrote first web site listing OBD vehicle certification.
- 1996 wrote J1850 VPW bit timer, rs232 byte converter chip code.
- 1996 wrote designed ISO9141-2 to rs232 translator.
- 1996 helped obtain first Federal OBD certification of a vehicle.
- 1997 applied Microsoft for automotive project.
- 1997 helped develope first OBD-2 compatible ULEV alternative fuel truck
- 1998 developed PC virtual user designed dashbord using OBD-2 network
- 24 years
- mainframe, personal, hand-held, industrial, automotive
- data acquistion, control, data analysis, laboratory management
- Associate of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering: St. Louis Univ.
- Associate of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Management: St. Louis Univ.
- Bachelor of Science in Pure Physics: Univ. of Massachusetts
Research and Laboratory Projects
- Research Technician Carter Carburetor Emission Laboratory
- Head of Carter-Weber Engine Dynamometer Department
- Vehicle Emission Project Engineer Exotic Engineering
- Vehicle Emission Test Engineer Ocean State Test Laboratory
- Research Technician Morton-Thikol Advanced Materials
- Research Technician Morton International Advanced Materials
- Vehicle Emission Laboratory Manager LPC Inc.
- Volkswagen: transverse electronic feedback carburetor
- Subaru: transverse electronic feedback carburetor
- Ford: Heat affects on fuel economy
- Lamborgini: 12 cylinder dynamometer emission development
- NASA: Rapid Optical Fabrication of SiC space based mirrows
- DARPA: Gradient Index of Defraction Infared laser lenses
- DARPA: Infared heat seeking guided missles nose cones
- DARPA: 5 element heavy metal glass optics
- DARPA: Boron Nitride net shape objects
- DARPA: Carbon metallic composite structures
- Morton-Thikol Advanced Materials: Diamond optics
- Univ. Mass. Lowell: Diamond and Diamond like optics
- LPC Inc.: Ultra Low Emission Propane vehicle
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers
- Society of Amateur Scientists
- International Automotive Technicians Association
Ask a question about OBD-2, vehicle diagnostics, emissions, testing and laboratory development for a expert answer.